We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information we might collect…..
In order to bring you the best possible service, we might collect several kinds of information when you navigate on our website:
When you shop or register on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, address, email address, phone number or credit card information.
- We will also hold the delivery address(es) for your orders, the login and password associated with your account and a record of your product selection and actions on our website.
- If you have request any information, send any emails to our customer service, subscribe to our newsletter or any service, enter a competition, vote for a product or complete feedback, we might also hold your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information such as your age, interests or product preferences.
- We and our third party providers of advertisements and content may also collect information about where you are on the internet (IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com, URL you came from), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to enjoy our site. We acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive email offers. Also, each time we send an email offer, we will provide an opt out option.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
How we may use your information….
We promise to use your personal information in a way that will only contribute to improving our service. For instance, we will never share your personal information with any unconnected third party when not necessary. In some cases, when we might need to share some of that information with third parties that we would hire to help us develop our services offer, this will be done with the target of improving what we offer you and our other customers. Any of the information we collect from you may be used either:
- To process your orders
- To improve our website
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To improve customer service
- To improve your navigation experience
- To send periodic emails, improve our advertisement or notify you of products and offers
We also share order information with our payment provider (Paypal) to process your transaction. Only the relevant information is shared so that the transaction is processed swiftly and securely.
By visiting www.thechildrensfurniturecompany.com, you agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes, whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
When you create a shopping account while ordering with us, you will be given the option to receive information, products, promotions or special offers from us. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration or payment process.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal in</formation.
We offer the use of one of the most powerful security systems and servers on the internet. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems. Those people are required to keep the information confidential.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies do not have access to the hard drive on your computer and cannot be used to spread viruses or access your email address. They only transfer data which you have disclosed to the website.
Will your personal information be dis</closed to other parties?
We totally respect the confidentiality of your personal information. It may be disclosed to other trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police (or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities), to provide your Personal Information and/or User Information, we are entitled do so.
In the unlikely event that our business assets are sold or purchased by another company, our data records will be sold too as part of our business.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.